Best of Breed 2023 Rules
The Best of Breed Competition recognises consistent performers at breed level only.
|Best of Breed
|The number of dogs entered in the breed.
|Runner Up Best of Breed
|The number of dogs entered in the breed less 1
Competition Specific Rules
- These rules should be read in conjuction with the rules covering all pointscore competitions.
- Eligible results can be entered from any Championship Show in New Zealand. Points awarded are as per table above.
- Only the best 40 results (points value) will be included. The pointscore system will automatically select the best 40 results from the results that are submitted.
- In the event that 2 or more dogs have the same number of points, the dog with the most Best of Breed wins (out of the top 40 results) will be placed first.
- The following rules apply to the Island component of the Best of Breed competition.
- For the purposes of the pointscore, a dog's 'Competition Island' will be defined as the island where the dog is intended to reside and be exhibited for the majority of the year when actively shown. Once the competition island is selected, this will generally not be able to be changed during the year.
- The island tally will be calculated on the top 40 shows that were held in the dog's 'competition island' only. This could result in different shows being counted in the island and national component of the competition.
- Whilst the competition island generally will not be changed once it is selected, we reserve the right to change the competition island for a dog if circumstances warrant it. Our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Certificates will be awarded in the Best of Breed Competition for
- National Winner for each breed
- Island Winner for each breed (if the dog was not the National Winner)