Pointscore Competition Rules 2017
Important - Please ensure you read this!
- All show results need to be submitted to us within 30 days of the event/show. Final date for submission of eligible results (and title certificates) is 6th January 2018.
It is your responsibility to check all relevant results have been recorded for your dog in each section of the pointscore. If there is an omission/error, we will not make adjustments that increase points outside of the above time limits.
2017 Pointscore Competitions
The 2017 pointscore is split into four individual competitions.
- Show Dog of the Year Competition (View Rules / Points Allocation)
- Breed Challenge Competition (View Rules / Points Allocation)
- Rising Star Competition (View Rules / Points Allocation)
- Breeder of the Year (View Rules / Points Allocation)
Rules Applying to All Competitions
The following rules apply to all pointscore competitions unless overridden by more specific rules in the individual competition (as detailed via the links above).
- The competition is held in New Zealand between 1st January, 2017 and 31st December, 2017.
- Only results from Championship Shows held in New Zealand between the above dates are eligible.
- Qualifying show results must be submitted electronically via this web site within 30 days of the show. (See how to enter.)
- Closing Dates - The final date for submission of all results (and title certificates) is 6th January, 2018
- In the interest of fair play and a sporting competition, once a dog has been entered into the pointscore competition, it will not be removed unless there are extenuating circumstances. (Please be certain that you wish to enter for the full year before completing the application).
- Only the highest eligible award per exhibit per show will be counted for each competition section.
- It is up to the individual to check their points tally for correctness. Any errors or omissions should be immediately sent to us for correction.
- Pointscore Integrity and submitting incorrect results
The integrity of the pointscore relies greatly on the honesty of the person submitting the results. Therefore in order to protect the integrity of the competition, if a result has been submitted that awards more points to a dog, breeder or handler (a "Competitor") than they would otherwise have been entitled to, we will at our absolute discretion, disqualify the result.
Ensure you read and understand the pointscore results guide before submitting any result.
Once a "Competitor" has 2 disqualified results recorded, we reserve the right to disqualify the "Competitor" entirely from this (and future) year's competition.
- If a dog or owner (including part owners) is suspended by the NZKC, we will disqualify the owner and/or dog from the competition.
- If a dog has awards withdrawn by the NZKC, we will also remove the withdrawn results from the dog's tally.
- Whilst all due care is taken, Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur in this competition. Points are tallied as per results received.
- We reserve the right to alter these rules and/or terms and conditions at any time without individual notice to you. The decisions of Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) (including interpretation of the rules) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry to the point score competition, you indicate your acceptance of these rules and conditions.
How to submit results
Results can be submitted online from 1st January 2017 via our members page (click the 'Results 2017' link on the left of the page after you log in which will appear after 1st January). If you are not a member, you can join here. (There is no charge to enter the pointscore).
Please contact us if you have any questions.